I started this to record my experiences of applying for PR. I have not got it yet so it will be an ongoing thread.
First thing to mention is that I got a bit confused initially - I thought the Residence Pass is the same thing as PR but it is not. It seems that Resident Pass can now be applied online so I had done that and then printed off the application and went to the Immigration Office to progress it after two weeks. But they told me that no point me applying for this as I already have the LTSVP. They said why not apply for PR? So then it clicked these are different things. Actually PR is known as Permit Masuk (Entry Permit).
There are various ways to get it and they are all documented here:
I am applying under this category:
SPOUSE OF MALAYSIAN CITIZEN
Married to Malaysian Citizen.
Had been issued with Long Term Visit Pass and stay continuously in Malaysia for a period of five (5) years.
Requires to submit “Surat Akuan Perkahwinan”
Spouse has to be the sponsor.
For child/children of Malaysian Citizen below age 6, parents must be the sponsor
So then I gathered all the forms and checklists and went off to gather the documents. There are 23 entries on the checklist so it is quite a process!
1. Green Form as collected from Immigration
2. White Forms as collected from Immigration
3. Three passport sized photos of applicant blue background
4. Wedding photo and family photo
5. Applicant birth cert
6. Copies of all passports since very first time you entered Malaysia (in my case my first visit was in 1995 so this went back seven passports!)
7. Copy of Marriage Cert
8. N/A to me - documents for marriage outside Malaysia
9. Marriage still exists declaration - need to get done at Commissioner of Oaths
10. Spouses divorce papers/certificate from any previous marriage (if applicable)
11. One passport sized photo sponsor blue background
12. Copies Sponsor IC and Birth Cert
13. N/A - Certificate of Nationality of sponsor (I think only needed if not born here or became Malaysian citizen later)
14. Copy of sponsor passport (N/A as only needed for overseas wedding)
15. N/A - Polygamy
16. Birth Cert and IC for children - we brought for both but only needed for my daughter as stepson is over 18
17. Copies of childrens passports - they didn't ask for these but probably worth taking in case
18. Copy of Security Payment Receipt - this is from the original LTSVP application
19. Copy of proof of address - Gas or Water Bill
20. Cover Letter - we both wrote one just in case and they took both of them
21. Three months income statements - it says from sponsor but they took mine as alternate
22. Letter from employer with chop - I just asked my company to say my length of service and job title etc.
23. Copy of company reg - should only be needed for self employed - N/A - didn't need it
TO BE CONTINUED...